Now Accepting Applications!
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Apply by midnight August 11, 2014
2014 Bay Area Capital Connections
“Funding Impact Entrepreneurs”
Conference & Startup Pitch Showcase
The Alliance for Community Development (ACD) is seeking applications from startup founders across the Bay Area and Northern California. All entrepreneurs are welcome to apply, and we strongly encourage applications from companies with diverse leadership teams –inclusive of women, minorities, disabled veterans, and/or disabled individuals.
Selected applicants will be invited to present to our investor panel at the Startup Pitch Showcase, part of the 2014 Bay Area Capital Connections (BACC) Conference, on October 9, 2014.
All companies selected to pitch at this event will also be awarded the following benefits:
- $5,000 pre-seed funding opportunity with DRÆM VENTURES (1-5% in equity to Dream Ventures. Additional requirements may apply.)
- Support from a team of MBA students and professionals to further develop your business plan and a crowd funding campaign
- Pitch presentation coaching and dress rehearsal in preparation for October 9 event.
>>Deadline Extended! Apply by midnight, August 11, 2014.<<
How to apply:
- Complete an online application
- Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org the following attached documents:
- Executive Summary (one page)
- Current resume/CV
- Pitch Deck (8-10 slides in PowerPoint or PDF format), including:
- Company Introduction
- The Market need and size
- Competitive Analysis
- Your Product/Business Solution
- Go to Market strategy and revenue model
- Business Model and Financial Projections (must be included)
- Double/Triple Bottom Line Metrics (if applicable)
- Management Team
- Investment Needs
- Return to Investors
Completed applications must be received by midnight, August 11, 2014 to be considered.
Selection Process and Timing:
- Aug 11 – Deadline for all completed applications
- Aug 13 – Applicants selected to proceed to 2nd round of review process (top 20%)
- Aug 14 – Second Round Review: In-person presentations to selection panel
- Aug 18 – Final Selection: Eight companies selected to participate in BACC Startup Pitch Showcase & offered $5,000 pre-seed investment opportunity from DRAEM Ventures
- Aug 19 thru Oct 8 – Finalist companies work with resource support team to refine business plan and pitch
- Oct 3 – Dress rehearsal for 2014 BACC Startup Pitch Showcase
- Oct 9 – 2014 BACC Conference & Startup Pitch Showcase*
*All presenting entrepreneurs must arrive at the Kaiser Center, 300 Lakeshore Drive, Oakland, CA 94612 by 1:30 p.m. on October 9, 2013.
Why Apply for the Pitch Opportunity at 2014 Bay Area Capital Connections?
Because all finalists get the opportunity to become a part of the DRÆM VENTURES pre-seed investment portfolio which means you have leaped into the startup experience. This is not just feedback on your presentation.
If you are selected as a finalist what do you get?
- $5,000 in investment funds into your company for 1 – 5% ownership (C-Corp, B-Corp, or LLC that is formed when you are selected as a finalist)
- A support team of MBA interns and professionals to further develop your business plan and pitch
- Assistance with launching a project crowd funding campaign to develop your product
- Pitch presentation coaching for the conference pitch
- A dress rehearsal with feedback from Alliance and invited guests
- Become a part of the portfolio and networks of DRÆM VENTURES
- The opportunity to pitch to investors for seed funding on Oct. 9 with all this support and experience behind you
- Publicity and visibility across the Bay Area
How many finalists will be selected?
Between six to eight companies will be selected as finalists.
What is the time commitment to participate in the DRÆM VENTURES portfolio in August – October 9?
You can work out a schedule based on your availability if you have a fulltime job or are already a fulltime entrepreneur.
What investors will be judging the presentations on October 9?
The Alliance and our team is assembling judges and inviting Angels, VCs and Institutional Investors who have an interest in supporting diversity in tech and access to capital. Names will be published in the coming weeks.