The calls and applications for the PROPEL Business Growth Program are coming in steadily. Contact the Alliance at email@example.com, ASAP. The Application, interviews, etc must be approved by Jan. 27. The program starts on Jan. 29.
The PROPEL Business Growth Program is a 9-month business development program being offered by the Alliance for Community Development. It will consist of 1 half-day session a month, and includes one 2-hour consulting session per month as well.
The Alliance will bring in experts in marketing, finance, strategy, product development, and operations during the program to educate and prepare participants for business growth.
Target business is in the small/micro range, with annual revenues between $250k-$2M.
Here are the candidates that do best in the program.
- $250,000 – $500,000 in revenue, 2+ years in full time operation who have exhausted the startup Business Plan. THe owner is ready to transition to more strategic thinking and action, especially marketing and sales strategy and begin developing unique products and services for the long-term.
- Businesses from $500k – $2 million with product or expansion strategies that require financing and improving the processes and performance of the company to sustain growth
- Professional services companies, engineering, design, etc. that need to strengthen business processes and marketing in the changing public contracting environment
- Distinct, or emerging businesses, clean tech, or sustainability that have a lot of passion for the mission, but are weak on business and financial structure.
Contact me ASAP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can understand your business and you can get a full picture of how your business can benefit from the program.
We are getting a good mix of product, service, technology, engineering services and direct to consumer business owners. Businesses with
Ready to kick off the new year with some practical strategies for growing and financing your business? Come to a FREE lunchtime workshop on Business Growth and Financing. We’ll introduce you to the basics of seeking bank financing and best practices small businesses are using to grow.
Lake Merritt/Uptown Districts and the Alliance for Community Development are co-hosting a free lunch workshop at Noon on January 15, 2013.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
Learn How To Apply for a Loan and Get a Yes – Overview of New Workshop by Darlene Crane, Executive Director, Alliance for Community Development
Find Out How Your Business Can to Participate in the PROPEL Business Growth Program – Learn how the majority of the graduates increased revenue from 10% – 30% and improved the overall performance of the company.
Successfully growing your business takes a “growth mindset” as well as developing and implementing practical strategies. And sometimes it takes capital. Come to learn how you can reach your revenue goals in 2013!
Oakland Lake Merritt/Uptown BID Conference Room
388 19th Street
Oakland, CA 94612
RSVP: at EventBrite to reserve your spot for this free workshop:
January 14, 2013 Note: Product Development is a vital topic but investors shifted their priorities in Q4 2012. We made the decision to postpone and update this topic.
We are doing Product Development again because it is such a vital topic. Remember Product Manager is frequently the title that precedes start-up CEO. Investors and bankers give the highest weighting in valuation to management teams that have a track record for getting product lines to market that build customer base and a company. Our expert panel will cover more aspects of product development including protecting intellectual property, physical product development and distribution. The Presenting Entrepreneur is Mary Jean Koontz, PhD. who is developing a product for kids to create their own games.
For details about PROPEL Product Development Forum click here
Or visit EventBrite to register now!
We are really excited about what’s coming up in 2013. Right now, the Alliance is working on a fresh round of Business Growth Forums. Under the new name, PROPEL Business Growth Forums, we are bringing together expert panelists to discuss key issues in building, growing, and funding your business.
2013 will also bring a new cohort of businesses to participate in our sought after PROPEL Business Growth Program. This 9-month intensive Program includes a series of half-day sessions, designed to help you put your best ideas into action. Businesses must apply for acceptance into program. To learn more about this program or how to apply, visit the PROPEL Business Growth Program page.
Finally, we’re already beginning to gear up for the VI Annual Bay Area Capital Connections Conference. This is where we bring together entrepreneurs and investors to learn, mix and mingle. The event features a live pitch session. Interested in pitching your company at the event? Stay tuned for a “Call for Entrepreneurs” coming January 2013.
Bay Area-wide Call to Entrepreneurs Apply Now to Pitch to Investors at the fifth annual Bay Area Capital Connections Conference, May 10, 2012
Sponsored by Alliance for Community Development
- Present your venture at no cost
- Participate in a Pitch Training Seminar
- Increase visibility for your company
Seeking ventures in: Green/Sustainability, Clean Tech, IT/software, Health IT/software, Mobile Technology, e-Commerce, social networking, consumer products
Judges for the pitch event will come from across the Bay Area.
Download the Entrepreneur Application For Venture Presentation
Applications are due midnight April 11, 2012.
NOTE: The Alliance accepts applications from all companies. We do have a focus on companies with diverse leadership teams.
Attach these documents to your completed application:
- One page Executive Summary
- Current resume
- Eight to ten slide presentation maximum covering the following topics:
- Company Introduction
- The Market need and size
- Competitive Analysis
- Your Product/Business Solution
- Go to Market strategy and revenue model
- Business Model and Financial Projections
- Management Team
- Investment Needs
- Return to Investors
For questions contact Darlene Crane, (510) 886-4483, email@example.com.
Complete applications must be submitted in Word or Text format with all requirements attachments
- One page business summary
- PowerPoint slide presentation with less than 10 slides) by midnight, April 11, 2012.
Questions? Contact the Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (510) 886-4483.
Entrepreneur Selection Process and Key Dates:
- Entrepreneurs who meet the minimum requirements will be interviewed over the phone interview with Alliance Board members, Executive Director and/or volunteer pitch coaches.
- The top 10 – 12 entrepreneurs will complete in person interviews before April 20, 2012 before the final 8 are selected to present.
- All applicants are invited to attend a pitch training session with Geoff Roach, Fellow, Angel Forum on April 20,2012 in Oakland, CA. Location to be announced.
- The entrepreneurs selected to present will receive one hour of individual coaching on April 27. The location of the coaching will be announced
- All presenting entrepreneurs must arrive at. the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, 101 Market Street, San Francisco, CA94104 by 1 :30 p.m. on May 10, 2012.